Changing Your Company Settings
- To adjust settings go to Gear-> Account and settings
- Company- Here you can change or update:
- Your company’s information and contact info
- Upload your company’s logo
- Update your marketing preferences with Intuit (take that SPAM!)
- Sales- In this section you can change or update your:
- Default invoice and sales receipt labels
- Turn on progress invoicing
- Edit your default email messages on sales forms. Sales forms are invoices, estimates, credit memos, sales receipts, statements, and refund receipts.
- Edit the online delivery settings for your invoices and sales receipts
- Expenses- The only setting you can change here is:
- Updated the default bill payment terms (aka the default for how long you have to pay bills that are entered into QuickBooks Online).
- Payments- Here you can:
- Apply for Intuit Payment Processing, which allows you to accept digital payments on your invoices via credit card or ACH transfer
- If you have Intuit Payments, you can edit basic info like deposit accounts and get monthly statements
- Advanced- This section has miscellaneous settings for QuickBooks Online. There’s nothing in this section that you will need to adjust, unless advised by your bookkeeping team.
This was a brief overview of the QuickBooks Online settings, for a more comprehensive overview, use the QuickBooks Online Online Setup Guide, QuickBooks Online settings guide (page 1 only).
Connecting your bank accounts
- Click Connect Accounts
- Type in the name of your bank, Azlo
- Your bank will appear in the drop-down menu, click on the bank
- Enter your login details. Note, you might need to go through a verification process with the bank. If you do, the verification instructions will appear a second window.
- A list of your bank accounts will appear. Click on the bank account you want to connect, when you click on it a drop down box will appear.
- In the drop-down box, select the bank account you’re connecting (which will likely be your Business Checking).
- If you’re connecting an account that isn’t already set up in QuickBooks Online, then you’ll need to add it. To add a new account:
- Select Add New
- Choose the type of account (it’s either going to be a Bank Account or a Credit Card Account)
- Name the Account
- Choose Save and Close
- Click Connect. It will take a few minutes the first time you make the connection because QuickBooks Online is downloading your past transactions.